Recent days Data Science is one of the promising and growing field. Are you still thinking how to getting started with data science? This is the right time to start with Data Science. Here, are the steps that you can follow to get into data science.
“Data scientists are involved with gathering data, massaging it into a tractable form, making it tell its story, and presenting that story to others,” — Mike Loukides
- What is Data Science?
- Who is a Data Scientist?
- What Does a Data Scientist Do?
- What Skills You Need to be a Data Scientist | How to become a Data Scientist?
- Different Job roles in Data Science and Analytics Industry
Data Science Resources
Learn Language like R, Python or SAS. Here are some good sources for learning R languages.
What are some good resources for learning R
For Learning Python:
Read some books about data science
- Data Science with R
- Getting Started With Python For Data Science
Learn from other sources
- Take some online MOOCS for Basic Statistics and Probability.
- Take some online data science course from Coursera or Udacity
- Check GitHub for some project that people already done. Try to understand the code. Then start writing your won code by taking some small project.
- Follow Kaggle to get into proper pipeline of real time data science.
- Take part in Kaggle competition and build a profile there. This will help you in future to get into good data related company
- Learn about Machine Learning Algorithms and techniques. You can get some good knowledge form Coursera machine learning program or Udacity machine learning programme. You can also follow machine learning website like: machinelearningmastery
Learn BI tools from
Improve Your Learning Curve
Here are few books that I have listed. Hope this will will Improve your data science knowledge.
Probability and Statistics
Two awesomet books on probability use R for their “hands on” programming examples.
- Probability with Applications and R.
- Introduction to Probability
- Statistics: an Introduction using R
Learn Data Visualization
Data Visualization is the presentation of data in a pictorial or graphical format so it can be easily analyzed. If you’re learning data visualization, I highly recommend a book named as Exploratory Data Analysis with R by Roger D. Peng. It is an awesome data visualization tutorials for the R programming language. This book is for sale at http://leanpub.com/exdata
There are other two good books named as
If you’re interested in data visualization in R, you need to read a book called ggplot2. It not only teaches you the syntax of this critical R data visualization library, but it will also reshape how you think about visualizing your data.
Learn machine learning with R
Here are two excellent introductions to machine learning that teach ML using the R programming language.
Then jump into Big Data and Learn the Eco System of Big Data. Learn can learn from Cloudera